Yes, you can have up to 20 entries per each weekly draw.
Each £1 entry buys you one “chance” of winning in our lottery.
No. Every entry into the draw is automatically allocated a unique lottery number. The odds of winning are fair and equal for every number. Once a number is allocated to a player it cannot be allocated again to another player.
You can either pay by Direct Debit online for recurring subscription payments or by cheque via the post for one-off payments.
To join online via Direct Debit please click here. If you would like to request a postal form then please contact the St Marys Lottery helpline on 0370 085 8836 or complete our contact form.
The monthly cost breakdown of £4.34 for playing the lottery is based on paying £1 per week over a 52 week year.
Direct Debits are only collected once a month, and sometimes there will be five weeks in a month and so the additional 34p required is to build up enough credit to cover the fifth week on these five-week months.
Unfortunately, as with any charity fundraising lottery, entries are not eligible for Gift Aid. We can, however, claim Gift Aid on donations.
If you would like to make a donation to St Mary's Hospice, please click here.
All winning members will be sent their prizes automatically by post each week directly following the draw.
You can also click here to check the results page on our website.
When you enter our lottery we ask for your address so that we can send you your prize if you win. Prizes are sent out automatically after every draw, so there is no need to make a claim.
From 25 August 2023, If you're a Direct Debit player, your prize will be paid directly into the bank account you pay from.
You can cancel your membership in writing by sending a letter to:
St Mary's LotteryFurness GatePeter Green WayFurness Business ParkBarrow-in-FurnessLA14 2PE
or by telephoning a member of the St Mary's Hospice fundraising team on 0370 085 8836.
Yes, we operate in compliance with all Gambling Commission (the UK regulatory body concerned with lotteries) requirements and the lottery is administered by a certified External Lottery Manager. For further information please see our Rules page.
You must be over the age of 18 to enter the lottery.
On average, 61% of the money raised by the weekly lottery is profit, which means that nearly £248,000 goes to patient care each year. Of the remaining 39%, 22% is draw prizes, 15% is spent on administration, and 2% goes to LFS.
From the draw on Friday 25 August 2023, based on the number of chances projected for that draw, there will be an 1 in 252 chance of winning a prize in the St Marys Hospice Lottery every week.
To speak to someone about a gambling problem contact the Gamble Aware confidential helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website www.begambleaware.org for further information.
For questions about the lottery or your lottery membership, please call our fundraising team: 01229 580305 (Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm)
Or you can email us: email@example.com
Send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.